Friday, November 5, 2010

Can't Sleep

Here I am, it's 3am again.
An old friend I cannot get off of my mind.
I lay down and try to sleep,
But I can't help but think of him tonight.
Reminiscing-
I think of all the good times, everything we did,
and I really miss him.
I just can't believe what happened,
he was a great man.
Such a good friend to me,
such a good friend to everybody.
Weeks after 21, he was taken.
His amazing life, only just begun-
One thing we can say about him.
he lived life to the fullest,
never held a grudge
and if he did, you'd never know it.
He was nothing short of a best friend.
I wish we had done something,
hung out a little more in the end.
I was there at your funeral,
I came to say goodbye.
But even still, it's all so wrong
I can't believe someone took your life...
So again, just to tell you-
we think about you all the time.
We miss you man,
seven months has flown by.
Wish you were here,
to swap some stories,
smoke a bowl.
Even though its been seven months-
It is so hard to see you go........

******************************


         James Matthew Powers passed away 7 months ago on Easter Sunday. He was found in the Whitefish River the morning of April 6th, 2010. He had died April 4th and someone put him into the river the morning of the 6th. He was one of the best people I have ever known. I (We) miss him so much. I knew him for about 4 years before he died and for a couple summers all we did was party. James was always there for you, no matter what. He held no grudges, he did some things he might have done differently but he was always straight and true to his friends. He was my first race when I got my license, almost ran me off the road that day. He was very proud to say his Audi beat my Datsun 280zx. He was a good friend, brother, uncle, cousin, employee. He was one of those people where you say "The good are always the first to go."

((The one on the right))
         IF Michael and I have a son, I am so thrilled and proud to say his name will be, without a doubt, James Matthew Thomas. We would name our son after him hoping our boy would turn out to be half as good a person Powers was. As I am sure he would.

        Well, I just needed to get that out. Maybe I can sleep now. Though that is not all that is on my mind tonight, it is the most complex.

1 comment:

  1. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and for James' family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete