Friday, November 19, 2010

Analogy

Love is like a road. The lines dividing N & S traffic represent communication, the fog lines on the shoulder represent understanding and commitment. N bound-Man S bound-Woman. If the two cross the lines of communication without truly communicating, they collide. This is ok occasionally but if it happens to many times, they go off road. If the lines of either commitment or understanding are crossed, to a place that knows neither, it is often very hard to find their way back...
Though if they can figure out how to communicate in the most affective way possible there is the potential to go on forever. As long as the proper measures are taken to continue to uphold the road. Love, intimacy, care, passion, compassion.



*Source of Analogy*

I love Michael so much he really does not know. Yes, I have worries and fears that do sometimes wander further than they should. But I am only human. I want so much for him to succeed with his dreams. Nothing could make me happier! However, I am at a loss as to what to say to him to convince him of these feelings. Yes, I was worried when we first moved up here, our communication with each other was not well. But we talked about all of the topics (I had written of between us) since then. He just came across the wrong thing at the wrong time I suppose. Now here I am with an upset fiance, and unsure what to do to help him see my heart again.

I said things I did not mean and the things I meant I did not say...

Regardless of where my fear took me that day, I love him unconditionally. I see his flaws and accept them with my heart and mind. I know what he has done and is capable of becoming. I see him each day and it seems he is getting farther away from me right now. He doesn't see past my anxiety or insecurity at this time and it is spinning out of context. I am placing no blame as there is none to place. He is only human as well. Hurtful things register one way at the point of discovery and it takes a few moments or days to change the conclusion which was made out of betrayal. Betrayal that, given the circumstance, he had every right to conclude.

He is half of me, my heart and soul, and he has blessed me with the other half in Samantha. I will never go a day in my life being ungrateful to him for the gift of our daughter and the gift of our love. Love that has with stood so much the last couple years that it seems we should be able to handle anything. So to the wicked, the downer, the demon, whomever it be testing our relationship- Hit me with your best shot, I am NOT giving up on the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment